General knowledge questions for competitive exams and quiz
1. Which countries are separated by 38th parallel ?
Answer: North Korea and South Korea
2. What is the maximum length of a day in pole ?
Answer: 6 month
3. What is the name of corridor, connects north-eastern states to the rest of India which is known as Chicken's Neck ?
Answer: Siliguri Corridor
4. Who is the creator of painting Boy with a pipe ?
Answer: Pablo Picasso
5. Who presented the first budget in India (1860) ?
Answer: James Wilson
6. Which is the first country to get a loan from world bank ?
* 7. The top secret 'Operation Lal Dora' which is recently in news is related to which incident ?
Answer: Landing of Indian troops in Mauritius
* 8. What is the name of border line that separates USA and Canada ?
answer: 49th parallel
* 9. Which is the largest soil group in India ?
Answer: Alluvial soil
* 10. Cartography is the study of ?
*11. Who developed the system of latitude and longitude ?
* 12. Which river crosses the equator twice in its flow ?
answer: Congo River
Did you know who was the first Women DGP (Director General of Police) in India ?