Secretariat Assistant General knowledge questions (Asked on 5/1/2013 ) part 2
1. India is called a tropical country mainly on account of its ?
Answer: Latitudinal Extent
2. The marshy and forested land in northern part of Uttar Pradesh is ?
3. Which river is called a river between the two mountains ?
4. Which state is called the agricultural epitome of India ?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
5. Which region of India has a larger female population than the male population ?
a. west bengal b. Mizoram c. Nagaland d. Puducherry
6. Who was the first propounder of the doctrine of 'Passive Resistance' ?
Answer: Aurobindo Ghosh
7. In which five year plan University Grants Commission was set up for promoting and strengthening higher education ?
Answer: First Five Year Plan
8. Who is known as the father of Renaissance of Western India ?
Answer: M.G Ranade
9. The longest River in Peninsular India ?
10. The largest producer of rice in India ?
a. Kerala b. Andhara Pradesh c. Tamil Nadu d. Gujarat
Answer: Andhara Pradesh
11. The national animal of kerala ?
12. The southern most river in Kerala ?
13. The largest national park in Kerala ?
14. First dam in Kerala ?
15. The most populated district in Kerala as per 2001 census ?
Visit Part 1
Did you know which bank has the most branches in India ?