* 1. Who was the first martyr of revolt of 1857?
Answer: Mangal Pandey
* 2. Who was the Sargent shot dead by Mangal Pandey ?
Answer: Major Hudson
3. Who gave the name "First War of Indian Independence" to rebellion of 1857 ?
Answer: V.D Savarkar (VD Savarkar airport is situated in Portblair)
4. Who wrote the book "Indian War of Independence" ?
Answer: V.D. Savarkar
* 5. Which British historian described the revolt of 1857 as Sepoy Mutiny ?
Answer: John Lawrence, Earl Stanley
6. What is the real name of Jhansi Rani Lakshmi Bai ?
* 7. Who was the commander captured Jhansi ?
Answer: Hugh Rose
8. Who became the King of Delhi after Indian Rebellion of 1857 ?
Answer: Bahadur Shah II (the last Mughal emperor, exiled in Rangoon)
9. Who called 1857 Revolt as "neither first nor national war of Independence" ?
Answer: R.C Majumdar
* 10. Who wrote the book 'Great rebellion' ?
Answer: Ashok Meta
* Barakpore =>> Mangal Pandey
Delhi =>> Bahadur Shah II , Bhakth Khan
Kanpur =>> Nana Sahib
Lucknow =>> Begum Hazrat Mahal
Gwalior =>> Tantya Tope
Jhansi =>> Rani Lakshmi Bai